19 Dec Why using Snapchat is the new, smart way to boost your business
Eight billion photos a day, from 100 million users! That’s how many get shared with the Shapchat app every single day around the world. Smart business owners want to tap into this huge social media platform.
Here is a look at what Snapchat is, who uses it, and how you can use it to promote your products and services.
What Is Snapchat?
Snapchat is an app that lets people share photos and videos. What they send self-destructs after the recipient views them. They will last for 24 hours if the sender saves them to the My Story function.
The app lets senders enhance their photos and videos with graphics and text. It has doodles and interactive filters to personalize the images.
Who Uses Snapchat?
Millennials are the big users of Snapchat. But other demographics also play a part. Here is a breakdown:
- 13 to 24 years old: More than 60 percent of this age group in the U.S. use Snapchat.
- 34 years old or under: More than 70 percent use the app.
Businesses also use Snapchat. Gatorade conducted a successful camping using the filter function. Users of the Gatorade Super Bowl filter could make it look like Gatorade was pouring over the heads of people in their images. Taco Bell used another app function called moments to send Valentine’s Day cards. The virtual cards, funny and customizable, were a big hit.
How Can You Use Snapchat?
Here are three ways to get attention on Snapchat:
- Set up a series of photos, or snaps, to show a day in the life of your business. Make sure it’s no more than 10 seconds long. Avoid boring at all costs. Entertain and try to engage with your viewers, not sell to them.
- Do you make commercials for your company? Send the bloopers and outtakes over Snapchat. People love to see what goes on behind the scenes.
- Offer good deals on your product or service via Snapchat, and do it in an entertaining way. For example, start a contest. Anyone who sends a snap showing him using your product gets a coupon.
Snapchat offers businesses a huge marketplace. With the right approach, you can raise your brand recognition and entice users to investigate what you offer.